Stories in Stone - Day 1

I'm Back!!!!  We have been without wi-fi for a bit so I am going to set up a few blogs to post over the next few days to get caught up.

We headed into the Black Hills of South Dakota.  There are 5 national parks and monuments within about 50 miles.

We started with the iconic...

 We got there just as the skies opened up and dumped!  I got one picture of them dry.   We went and found the visitors center since we (so unlike us) were not prepared for the weather.
View from inside a cave on the Presidental Trail

Great view of some noses!
 After Rushmore we decided to do Wind Cave instead of Jewel Cave.
They have 95% of the boxwork formations in all known caves.  It is crazy how detailed and fragile it is.  We did the natural entrance tour and to to see some very fine examples.
Two Ranger Badges collected.

Comments

Popular Posts