Silver and Gold

If you were looking for a website on the Olympics, sorry. This blog is dedicated to one of my favorite songs as a kid...
Make new friends but keep the old,
One is silver and the other gold.

I have been meaning to make this post for months (we took the trip in May). I finally have the time with Gherkin at summer school 2 days a week!

While in Oregon Gherkin and I took a weekend to visit with many of my old friends from my childhood and college years. My "substitute" grandparents, my second parents (got me through the teen years), and my college roommates (who have enough dirt on me to grow a garden).

We started with a visit to Cam, JD and Jo-Jo the 3 sons of one of my college roommates. With four busy boys running around the house I am surprised we were lucky enough to catch a moment with three of them together.

JD spent our second day there telling Gherkin, "Come to Uncle JD." It was pretty cute. On Sunday afternoon we headed south to my friend Jessee's place. Yes, I do occasionally get in photographs.
Gherkin feel in love with Jessee's husband and they bonded over Teenage Mutant Turtle toys.
On Monday we headed a little further south so visit with Bob and Maxine who were my "substitute" grandparents between the ages of 3 and 9. Gherkin warmed right up to them!
Maxine was the librarian at my elementary school and shared some of her Sweet Pickles Books with me when I moved...who knew it would be a clue to my future.
The last stop on the way home was halfway home for dinner with my second parents. Their twins A & J spent our years from 4th to 12th grade taking turns as to who was in my classes. We played in the band together and spent many meals together.
This was a good visit for them as well since two of their grand babies just moved to New Mexico!
Many hugs and smiles from across the miles, we miss you all!

Comments

Popular Posts