It's Regatta time here in Astoria. Yes, we went to the parade this morning but I forgot my camera. So like any self respecting Coastie wife I made sure I took my camera to the rescue demonstration this evening. Although our friend Mr. L was not at the controls it was still pretty cool to watch.

Dropping the rescue swimmer.

The demo was followed by the Regatta water parade.
A whopping 11 boats in the parade!

Gherkin had a great time checking out all the different boats - The Pilot boat was pretty cool with it's stern launch.

The Coast Guard boats decided to have a bit of a horn war - The ALERT won!

The last boat of the parade with the fire boat from the port authority small but proud!

Thank goodness for photo editing. The fog was rolling in and most of these photos turned out really gray!
Comments