Bookworm

I suppose it is the dream of every parent - especially those that are also teachers - that their child be interested in reading. Not just interested but actively involved in reading. Maybe making sure we were reading to Gherkin within days of his birth was a little much but really it has paid off. Here we are 15 months (jeez has it really been that long) later and he is "reading" on his own. The last time we went to the library I stacked his books on the ottoman. He proceeded to do a read around. Each book must receive it's due time and focus.
But really the "lift the flap" book takes the cake.
Gherkin says "I really love reading!"
To prove it I found him in his chair during room time yesterday. So the book is upside down but it was all him!

Comments

Popular Posts